Friday 7 March 2008

Vocabulary 1

One of the biggest problems with learning languages is that the new vocabulary somehow doesn’t want to stick to our memory. Unfortunately, it is perfectly natural and it happens to everybody. So don’t get frustrated whenever you discover that you still don’t remember a new word. Just give it some time and practice. A good way to learn your vocabulary is to use flashcards. You can either prepare them yourself in a traditional way (paper, scissors and pen!) or use some software. Teach2000 is a good one. You can download it from here. It’s completely free and here is your first list to paste into the programme:

hi; bye = Cześć!
My name is = Mam na imię
And you? = A ty?
What’s you name? = Jak masz na imię?
hello; good morning; good afternoon = dzień dobry
Please repeat. = Proszę powtórzyć.
good bye = do widzenia
yes = tak
no = nie
Nice to meet you. = Miło mi.
Where are you from? = Skąd jesteś?
I am from Poland. = Jestem z Polski.
I am from the UK. = Jestem z Anglii.
I’m from Ireland. = Jestem z Irlandii.
I’m from France. = Jestem z Francji.
I’m from the States. = Jestem z Ameryki.
I don’t understand. = Nie rozumiem.
I don’t speak Polish very well. = Nie mówię dobrze po polsku.
I don’t understand. I don’t speak Polish very well. = Nie rozumiem. Nie mówię dobrze po polsku.
1= jeden
2 = dwa
3 = trzy
4 = cztery
5 = pięć
6 = sześć
7 = siedem
8 = osiem
9 = dziewięć
10 = dziesięć

No comments: